Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Weezer - Hash Pipe

So, I've gotten a little behind on the blogging. Several records have come in over the past week, so you'll probably see quite a few blog entries over the next couple of days detailing my purchases.

Today's entry is Weezer's "Hash Pipe" single. Now I know what you're thinking, "Dan, don't you already own the Hash Pipe single? Or perhaps two of them?" Well you would be correct. I do own two of them already. Now I own a third (and I'm in the process of looking for a fourth and last copy).

Anywho, so the copy I received today is an error version of the single which on the back lists "Starlight" as the song on the b-side, when in actuality it's "Teenage Victory Song." It's also a limited edition of 2000. Mine is individually numbered as number 1413. This was available only in the UK on green vinyl. I also have the corrected version, which properly lists "Teenage Victory Song" on the back (pictured below).

There's also two US versions. One has a picture sleeve and a small hole in the center of the record, which I own as well (pictured below). Then the last and most elusive of the "Hash Pipe" singles is the US Jukebox version which comes in a paper sleeve and has the old school large center hole. With any luck I'll acquire one of those in the near future. I'll keep you posted.

Stay tuned this week for some Jimmy Eat World and perhaps some more Weezer. Perhaps.


And here is a picture of all three of them together. On the left is the US edition, and on the right are the correct and error editions of the UK single.


Artist: Weezer
Title: Hash Pipe
Label: Geffen
Vinyl Color: Green
Purchased From: http://www.ebay.com
Price:$9.99


No comments:

Post a Comment