Friday, October 22, 2010

Jimmy Eat World - Invented + Bonus 7"

Well wow, I took some serious time off between posts, huh? Well to make up for it, today you get a double whammy. The latest record I received is Jimmy Eat World's new album, Invented. Along with it, I also received a free 7" single with "My Best Theory" on the A-side and "Stop" on the B-side, which both are on the album as well.

The album itself is a great listen. I like it much better than Jimmy Eat World's previous effort, 2006's Chase This Light. It's just a shame that the actual physical records aren't the best.

I'll start with Invented itself. The packaging is kind of flimsy. The printed inner sleeve has the lyrics printed on it upside down, as well as being slightly too small for the record itself, so the sides were starting to tear a bit before I even took the record out for my first listen. Also, the record came with a greasy handprint on it. It doesn't affect the play whatsoever, but it kind of looks crappy.

Then we come to the "My Best Theory" single. The packaging is awful. The record is literally wrapped in a piece of paper that looks like it was xeroxed at Kinko's. I'm not going to judge because it was free, but it really looks awful. The text is super blurry and almost impossible to read. Also, it looks like they didn't even bother with a paper cutter and just cut the paper by hand. 

Moral of the story: Interscope is a lazy, lazy record company. I really enjoy the record, but the packaging itself leaves much to be desired.



And here is the crappy bonus 7" single that came with it.

Artist: Jimmy Eat World
Title: Invented + Bonus 7"
Label: Interscope
Vinyl Color: Black / Black
Purchased Fromhttp://www.interpunk.com
Price:$14.99


No comments:

Post a Comment