Sunday, November 21, 2010

Weezer - Pinkerton (Deluxe Edition)

Hey there, blogosphere. It's been a long time, I know. Anyway, I've gotten some goods over the last month or so, and I've also got some goods coming in the mail, so hopefully you'll see lots of good posts from me in the near future, that is, if you care.


Anywho, my latest acquisition is the epic 4 LP deluxe edition of Weezer's 1996 record, Pinkerton. I already own a pressing of the original version, but this deluxe edition is just too awesome to pass up. It's got over 20 bonus tracks on 3 additional LPs along with tons of new artwork and essays, as well as lyrics to most of the songs. For some strange reason, the lyrics to "El Scorcho" are not included. That's okay though, as I already know them. Also, as an FYI for those of you who don't, the line is "watching Grunge leg drop New Jack through a press table." That one seems to confuse everyone for some reason.


Back on topic though, this set is beautiful. It's a tad pricey, but if you're a Weezer fan and a collector of vinyl, I really don't see how you could pass it up. Even if you're neither. Pick up the CD, or at least download it. It's a terrific album, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a gigantic Weezer fan. I mean, come on, Pitchfork gave the reissue a 10. Yeah, that's right, Pitchfork.


Artist: Weezer
Title: Pinkerton (Deluxe Edition)
Label: Geffen
Vinyl Color: Black
Price: $44.99 

No comments:

Post a Comment